Tuesday, October 8, 2013


Dear SD by Susan Reagan

 You came to my live almost 5 years ago this coming year. You have wreaked havoc on my existence and almost allowed me to take my own life. I cried with such pain, screamed at God in my mangled voice and begged for a return to what once was. I wondered what my nonexistent future would bring after you destroyed my career. How would I live and get along in the speaking world?  Who would ever love me and find me attractive in any way?  What type of job would I find regardless of my endless number of college degrees?   It’s not bad enough I have you as my friend but the treatments don't help me and the pain of speaking hurts my face, shoulders and neck by the end of each day.  But let me tell you this sweet friend.         I WILL WIN!

 

 You will not win over me. Your destructive power is no match for my spirit and my resilient soul. My will and my strength you won't ever be allowed to change. I am who I am and that will never be altered. I allowed you for a short period of time to change me, make me withdraw and shrink from the world. But I tell you this that was never my style. I will kick your ass and put you in your place. I will fight each day to greet all that I meet with a kind word, smile and a warm heart even if I sound like a monster. I will continue to touch the lives of others through all that I do, teaching and giving to those in need of a boost. I will use all that you taught me about determination and the human will to survive. I will take all those lessons and share them with those that think they cannot live because of what you did.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment